Using Your ARRA Funds to Purchase at US Barricades
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), passed in February 2009, provides billions of dollars to fund projects and incentives to assist the nation's economic recovery and address unemployment and other challenges. Stimulus funds were allocated to support infrastructure improvements, energy independence, educational opportunities, affordable healthcare, and tax relief. The Act also includes compliance and reporting requirements associated with the use of the funds.
Take advantage of the many opportunities the Act represents by leveraging US Barricades strong inventory position, experience, and contracts. Ensure your compliance with relevant information, such as federal guidelines and state codes for products you select for ARRA orders.
- US Barricades will provide Country of Origin information on products you identify as "ARRA" when you order to comply with the unique Buy American requirements of Section 1605 in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and FAR Subpart 25.6.
- Choose from more than 2500 "Made in America" products.
How to Order
Call 1-203-662-0833 to place ARRA-funded orders. Please notify us when you order that you are using Stimulus funds to ensure your order is properly tracked. This will help you and US Barricades remain compliant with ARRA requirements. We are currently upgrading usbarricades.com to be able to process ARRA orders so you can comply with all ARRA requirements when purchasing online. In the interim, please place all ARRA orders by calling 1-203-662-0833.
Green Initiatives and ARRA
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act provides funding for a variety of green projects and programs. US Barricades can help you identify the products you need to take advantage of the Stimulus opportunities.
Safety and ARRA
- OSHA will be conducting careful inspections on ARRA related projects. "OSHA will implement a multi-tiered enforcement program to assure worker protection on ARRA-related projects. Through the development and implementation of emphasis programs, OSHA will direct enforcement efforts to stimulus package-related construction, infrastructure, and green energy projects, as well as to industries in manufacturing that support those projects." Source: www.osha.gov/dts/recovery
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are you providing me with Country of Origin information?
To help you comply with the unique Buy American requirements in Section 1605 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and FAR Subpart 25.6. All products made by US Barricades are made in the United States.
- Do I need to report how I spend ARRA funds?
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and FAR have issued reporting guidance that can be found online. For example refer to OMB's guidance from June 22, 2009.
- Why is US Barricades taking these steps?
In order for US Barricades to comply with the ARRA requirements and to help you be compliant, US Barricades needs to know which orders are using ARRA funds so we can both meet the reporting requirements, US Barricades will be able to provide you with the information that you may need to meet your reporting requirements once an order is identified as ARRA. Similarly, US Barricades is providing you with country of origin information to help you determine which products meet the needs of your specific ARRA projects.